FAQ よくある質問

1.  What exactly is a charter school? 「チャータースクール」って何ですか。

A Michigan charter school is part of the public education system. A charter school operates as an independent entity, but is accountable to a Board of Directors, appointed by its charter authorizer (a state-approved institution such as a state university, local school district, or state board of education). A charter school must adhere to the requirements of its charter authorizer, as well as state and federal regulations for education and safety.
A Michigan charter school is funded by tax dollars, just like its traditional school counterparts, so there is no tuition. 

監督下に置かれます。従って、チャータースクールは、認可機関および州・連邦政府の教育・安全規制を遵守します。また、ミシガン州のチャータースクールは、税金により賄われているため、他の公立学校 と同様、入学金、授業料は無料です。

Back to top トップへ戻る

2Does it cost money to send my child to a charter school? チャータースクールに通うにはお金がかかりますか。

There is no entrance or tuition fee necessary to attend a charter school, however, there may be costs for school lunches, bus service, before- and after-school care for students outside of regular school hours, participation in special events at the school, and so on.

Back to top トップへ戻る

3.  What grades are currently open for enrollment? 本年度の入学対象者は何年生ですか。

We are currently accepting applications for Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade, 3rd Grade, 4th Grade, and 5th Grade for 2015-16.
For best results, English speaking students with limited Japanese experience are strongly encouraged to begin their dual-immersion experience in kindergarten.


Back to top トップへ戻る

4.  What age must my child be to enter Kindergarten? キンダー(幼稚園年長部)に入学にするには何歳でない    といけないのでしょうか。

A child who is five years old on or before September 1 may enroll in kindergarten. 
Parents may request a waiver for a child who will turn five years old before December 1, with the approval of the school administration.  For more information, please refer to the Michigan Department of Education's Transition to Kindergarten Parent Guides.

2015年以降の学年度に関しては、該当する年の91日時点で5歳以上の児童を対象とします。ただし、12月1日までに5歳になる児童に関しては、キンダー入学特認申請書Kindergarten Age Waiver Request)にご記入いただき、学校側の承認を得た後、入学することが可能です。詳しくは、ミシガン州教育省によるキンダー入学予定児童の保護者のためのガイドMichigan Department of Education's Transition to Kindergarten Parent Guides)をご参照ください。

Back to top トップへ戻る

5.   What are the benefits of learning more than one language? 2言語を学ぶ利点は何ですか。 

Recent research suggests the benefits of being bilingual, or multilingual, include improved cognition, increased empathy with others, as well as a greater chance of completing high school and going on to college, and a greater chance of getting hired.  Visit the National Association for Bilingual Education website for more information on bilingual education. 

Hinoki's program rests on blending the best of both Japanese pedagogy and Michigan's educational standards within the framework of a dual language classroom.  The student's exposure to a second language and culture can cultivate within them a truly global mindset.

最近の調査では、2言語もしくはそれ以上の言語を学ぶことの利点として、認知能力を高め、他者への共感能力を育み、高校卒業と大学進学の可能性を高め、ひいては就職率も高くなることなどが挙げられています。詳細は、全国バイリンガル教育協会National Association for Bilingual Education)のウェブサイトをご参照下さい。

Back to top トップへ戻る

6.   What is the edge my child will have learning Japanese over another language?  他の言語ではなく日本語を学ぶ利点は何ですか。

There are over 400 Japanese companies, and thousands of jobs related to Japan, right here in Michigan. Knowing Japanese and English, and the cultural differences in Japan and the U.S., can give your child an edge that few have. Students who graduate from Hinoki are also eligible for a special scholarship to attend Saginaw Valley State University, and opportunities with its sister institution in Japan, Shikoku University.


Back to top トップへ戻る

7.  How will my child benefit from this type of “Two-way Immersion” program? 双方向イマージョンという教育方法で、私の子どもはどのような恩恵を得るでしょうか。

Two-way immersion programs strive to promote:

o      Bilingualism and biliteracy

o      Academic achievement in all subject areas

o      Positive cross-cultural attitudes and behaviors in all students

For more information on two-way immersion programs, visit the Center for Applied Linguistics.

At Hinoki, instruction is provided to each class by a team of teachers, a Michigan-certified English-speaking homeroom teacher, and a native Japanese support teacher.






などが期待できます。ひのきでは、ミシガン州の教員免許を保持する英語教員と、日本語を母語とする教員がチームとなって取り組みます。詳細は、応用言語学センター(Center for Applied Linguisticsのウェブサイトをご覧ください。

Back to top トップへ戻る

8.   What if my child has never been exposed to Japanese or English language before? 子どもが今まで、日本語または英語に接する機会がまったくなかった場合、ひのきではどのような指導が行われますか。

For best results, students should begin their bilingual journey at a young age, however, Hinoki has had students join our program after kindergarten and gain proficiency in their non-native language. Students with limited exposure to English or Japanese will be tested and placed in an appropriate-level language class, for Japanese as a Second Language or English as a Second Language.


Back to top トップへ戻る

9.  Is there child care available before and after school? 始業前と放課後にはチャイルドケアがありますか。

Yes.  For information about fee-based, on-site child care before or after Hinoki school hours, please contact Schoolhouse Montessori Academy (248.539.3378; kcosmi@schoolhousemontessori.com).
For information about Schoolhouse Montessori's Japanese-language preschool program, please contact Aiko Lapinski at Schoolhouse Montessori Academy (248.487.0249; alapinski@schoolhousemontessori.com).
ひのき早朝/延長預かりまた同校主催のサマーキャンプに付きましては、ひのきに併設しております、スクールハウス・モンテッソーリ・アカデミーのサービスを利用する予定です(248.539.3378; kcosmi@schoolhousemontessori.com)
スクールハウス・モンテッソーリ・アカデミー(プリスクール)日本語プログラム及びサマーキャンプに関するご質問は、担当 愛子・ラピンスキー:
email  alapinski@schoolhousemontessori.com 電話番号 248.487.0249 までお願い致します。

Back to top トップへ戻る

10.  What documents must be submitted for admission? 入学願書の他に、どんな書類を提出しますか。

If your child was previously enrolled in another school district, we will need to request student records from their previous school.
If your child is enrolling in a public kindergarten for the first time this year, please make sure he/she meets the age requirements, and please provide the following documentation:
  • If student was born in the U.S., original birth certificate with raised seal; OR
  • If student is not a U.S. citizen, passport from home country (must complete affidavit form);
  • If applicable, divorce decree or other document proving custody of the children;
  • If parents are separated, or were never married, a notarized letter from the parent with whom the student is not living, indicating approval for the child to be enrolled in this school is required, for your child’s protection. If father is not listed on the birth certificate, no custody documentation is required.
  • Vision screening documentation (for kindergarten students);
  • Up-to-date immunization record.


  • 園児・児童が米国で生まれた場合 – 刻印のついた米国の出生届。
  • 園児・児童が米国市民でない場合 – パスポート。
  • 保護者が米国市民でない場合 – パスポート
  • 離婚家庭の場合 – 離婚届および園児・児童の保護監督権証明書
  • 両親が離婚している場合、または結婚していない場合 – 園児・児童の保護のため、園児・児童が同居していない保護者からの本校入学許可書が必要です。出生届に父親の氏名が無い場合は、保護監督権証明書は必要ありません。
  • 目の検査結果表(幼稚園のみ)
  • 予防注射証明書
Back to top トップへ戻る